Crosslinked Polyethylene foam is ideal for a variety of projects and applications that require thicker foam. It is a fine-celled foam that is smooth to the touch. As a closed-cell material, our 2lb Crosslinked Polyethylene foam is great for commercial applications, such as thermal insulation, construction expansion joints, and industrial gaskets. Low moisture permeability and high buoyancy also make this foam an exemplary option for packaging to protect products and as flotation equipment.
Since white and charcoal colors are more common choices, they are available in all sheet sizes. Our other colors, light green, light purple, light red, and yellow, are available in full sheets only.
Custom Cutting is Available!
If the size you are looking for varies from the standard sheets that we offer, we can also cut custom sized Crosslinked Polyethylene foam for any project. Please Contact Us for details.
- Health Care: Medical packaging, orthopedic and prosthetic padding, suture counters
- Transportation: Shock absorbent pads and glass packaging
- Marine & Boating: buoys and bumpers, waterproof cushions
- Building and Construction: Eaves filler strip, gaskets, specialized playground padding
- Sports and Leisure: Exercise mats, kayak construction, life jackets, personal watercraft seats, backpack shoulder straps
- General Industrial: Appliance gaskets and insulation, artifact packaging, radar spacers, protective padding
Add Adhesive Backing for Easy Application!
If you are looking for an easy method to apply your foam to another surface, look no further than our adhesive backing. We can add this adhesive to a number of our closed-cell products. See Adhesive Backing for Foam for details!
- High Resiliency
- Great buoyancy
- Thermal Insulator
- Excellent for shock absorption
- Low water permeability
- Resistant to mildew, mold, rot, and bacteria
- Chemically resistant
- Nontoxic; contains no CFCs, HCFCs, or hydrocarbon blowing agents
- Similar to Minicel in USA, Alveolit in Europe, and Softlon in Japan and Australia
Physical Data Sheet: Cross Linked Polyethylene Physical Data Sheet
Exemption Charge - Zone 5, Single Sheets Under 3/4"
Single Sheet products under 3/4" thick will be subject to a $30.00 USD exemption charge per item shipped to Zone 5. See our Shipping Page for more details.
Exemption Charge - Zone 5, Single Sheets 3/4" and Over
Single Sheet products 3/4" thick and over will be subject to a $50.00 USD exemption charge per item shipped to Zone 5. See our Shipping Page for more details.
Products may carry a size tolerance depending on the style and job. Please see our Tolerance Table.
Standard Sheet Sizes
Standard sheets of foam are cut slightly larger than the listed size to compensate for shrinkage during packaging, transit, and delivery. Sheets may contain rough edges.
*48" x 24" 3-Pack
The 3-pack of 48" x 24" is cut down from 72" x 48" for shipping purposes.
**4-1/2" Thickness XPE
The 4-1/2" thickness has a thickness range from 4" to 4-1/2" and includes skin top and bottom.
No Reviews Yet!