For a reliable solution of superior strength, our cross-linked polyethylene 3LB charcoal foam is a great choice. Offering an impressive durability coupled with versatility in application, this is a foam you can count on for years of use.
As one of the more durable solutions on the market, our chemically cross-linked foam is an extremely fine-celled material of high quality, ideal for projects and applications that require thicker foam and more longevity. Offering a smooth, pleasing feel and surface, this option combines the best in appearances and texture with the best properties in durability for a powerhouse solution. Ideal for applications requiring a thicker closed cell foam, our cross-linked polyethylene 3LB charcoal option offers a durable material you can use for a range of applications such as thermal insulation, construction expansion joints, and industrial gaskets. Thanks to the impressive low moisture permeability and high buoyancy, this solution can also be used as packaging and in flotation equipment. If you have any questions about this option, please Contact Us.
Custom Cutting is Available!
We offer a range of sizes and thickness options for this material. We can also custom cut the perfect size of cross-linked polyethylene foam for any project. Please Contact Us for details.
- Health Care: Medical packaging, orthopedic and prosthetic padding, wheelchair pads, suture counters
- Transportation: Automotive anti-rattle pads, glass packaging, gaskets, marine buoys and bumpers, waterproof cushions
- Building and Construction: Eaves filler strip, special application playground padding
- Sports and Leisure: Kayak construction, toys, body armor, life jackets, personal watercraft seats, backpack shoulder straps
- General Industrial: Appliance gaskets and insulation, artifact packaging, radar spacers, protective padding
Add Adhesive Backing for Easy Application!
If you are looking for an easy method to apply your foam to another surface, look no further than our adhesive backing. We can add this adhesive to a number of our closed-cell products. See Adhesive Backing for Foam for details!
- Excellent buoyancy
- Good thermal insulator
- Excellent strength and shock absorption
- Low water absorption
- Impervious to mildew, mold, rot, and bacteria
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Nontoxic and contains no CFCs, HCFCs, or hydrocarbon blowing agents
- Similar to Minicel in USA, Alveolit in Europe, and Softlon in Japan and Australia
Physical Data Sheet: Cross Linked Polyethylene Physical Data Sheet
Exemption Charge - Zone 5, Under 3/4"
Products under 3/4" thick will be subject to a $30.00 USD exemption charge per item shipped to Zone 5. See our Shipping Page for more details.
Exemption Charge - Zone 5, 3/4" and Over
Products 3/4" thick and over will be subject to a $50.00 USD exemption charge per item shipped to Zone 5. See our Shipping Page for more details.
Products may carry a size tolerance depending on the style and job. Please see our Tolerance Table.
Standard Sheet Sizes
Standard sheets of foam are cut slightly larger than the listed size to compensate for shrinkage during packaging, transit, and delivery. Sheets may contain rough edges.
*48" x 24" 3-Pack
The 3-pack of 48" x 24" is cut down from 72" x 48" for shipping purposes.
**4-1/2" Thickness XPE
The 4-1/2" thickness has a thickness range from 4" to 4-1/2" and includes skin top and bottom.
No Reviews Yet!